September 3, 2018
Parents greatly understand the importance of proper nutrition and healthy diet for the overall wellness of their children. For the dental health, it is best to encourage them to observe the right eating habits to ensure the state of their teeth as early as possible. Although oral hygiene is practiced at home, partnering it with a proper diet can work wonders for children’s teeth.
To help parents select the right foods for their children, here are the following tips:
- Switching up to fruits and vegetables instead of carbohydrate-rich foods for the child’s healthy snack is always best. Pick those that are high in water content such as pears, cucumbers, apples, celery, or melon, and limit those that have a high concentration of sugar.
- Serving cheese as part of the meal can help triggers the production of saliva in the mouth. This substance is not only essential in the proper digestion of foods, but it also works as a natural cleanser that washes away harmful particles from the teeth.
- Dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese are known to be good for the body and the teeth. It contains certain minerals that help in strengthening the enamel for stronger, healthier teeth. Some products are even beneficial in keeping the high pH level of the mouth to prevent the adverse effects of acids produced by plaque.
- Offer plain water instead of juices, soda, or other beverages with preservatives and sugar content that can harm the teeth. Water, on the other hand, hydrates the mouth and the removes of food debris that clings to the teeth.
- If children insist on having candies, it is best to offer those that used Xylitol as its sweetener. Xylitol aids in keeping the teeth healthy by neutralizing the pH levels and by preventing bacterias from accumulating to the teeth.
- Crunchy fruits or vegetables like apples, celery, and carrots act as a natural scrub for the teeth by removing deposits on its surface. The chewing motions allow it to access between each tooth which successfully cleanses all the areas of the mouth.
Proper dental hygiene at home and teeth friendly foods may keep the teeth and the other structures clean, but the assistance of a dental professional can guarantee better overall health. At Midland Kid’s Dentist, we offer full dental examinations including professional cleanings, oral cancer screening, and digital x-rays under our Regular Dental Checkups services.
Secure your child’s overall health with the help of professional dental care services. We provide Regular Dental Checkups for Kids in Midland, TX. Book your appointment with us at Midland Kid’s Dentist and let us help them achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.